September and October
• Course selection finalized – challenge yourself!
• Attend Sacred Heart college fairs and college
admission counselor information sessions
• Start the college search
• Take PSAT/NMSQT
• Visit college web sites – take virtual tours
• Visit colleges and attend open house events
• Review PSAT scores with guidance counselor.
• Plan to take the SAT’s in spring of junior year
• Register at sat.org/register
• Study hard and keep your grades up
• Jumpstart Workshop
• College and career advising in small group settings
• Course selection for senior year – challenge yourself!
• College Knowledge Breakfast for Parents
• Consult college web sites
• Prepare a list of 8-10 colleges to visit and research
• Take the SAT or register to take the ACT
• Attend college Open House and Information Sessions
• Visiting colleges; large, small, public and
• Get a feel for which schools may be a good fit
• SAT and AP Exams
• Prepare Activity sheets
• SAT Test and SAT Subject Tests if required
• Finish the year strong! Do well on final exams!
• Prepare a Resume
• Complete Activity Sheets
• Think about which of your experiences would make a
great college essay