In addition to the weekly homework assignments, the following are skills that can be practiced with your child.
* Practice counting to 100.
* Practice number recognition to 50.
* Practice writing numbers to 50.
* Sort and classify objects around the house.
* Practice creating and extending patterns.
* Use position words as you give your child directions (i.e. Put the book under the table).
* Addition and subtraction to 10.
* Practice writing first and last name using upper and lower case letters.
* Practice letter recognition of upper and lower case letters.
* Practice letter/sound association.
* Practice sight word recognition.
* After reading stories aloud practice retelling and sequencing the story.
* Make predictions, connections and ask questions when reading to your child.
* Make sentences using sight words.
* Provide opportunities for your child to write stories of their own.
* Practice spelling 3 and 4 letter words
* Practice beginning, middle and ending sounds in words
* Work with playdough.
* Play with puzzles, blocks, and legos.
* Practice beading and lacing.
* Practice cutting on straight, zig-zag, and curved lines.
* Practice hopping on one foot, skipping, and jumping.
* Jump rope, hula hoop, and play hopscotch.
* Practice kicking, bouncing, throwing, and hitting balls.
* Play FREEZE dance!