• Please join the Guidance Office in congratulating the following seniors for their college acceptances:
Brian Buckley Merrimack College
Reagan Cavanaugh Curry College
Ian Coletti College of the Holy Cross, U. of Mass, Amherst,
Olivia Colombo College of the Holy Cross, Providence College,
Boston College, Catholic University
Sean Flaherty Bridgewater State University,
Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Julia Jennings Stonehill College
Grace Kidd Bridgewater State University, Eastern Nazarene College,
Kristen Kline Stonehill College, Wheaton College MA
Elena Murphy Case Western Reserve University, OH
• Friendly, polite and enthusiastic student ambassadors in grades 9 through 12 are needed to lead tours during our final High School Open House on Wednesday evening, April 4th from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. To volunteer please see Mrs. Taylor in the Admissions Office, room 107. You will earn service hours for your time. Thank you!
• Attention all students: It’s here! International Night is Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria please plan on joining us.
• The Italy Exchange Program for 2018-2019 is “a go”! We are extending the deadline to register to allow more students to take advantage of this opportunity. Please see Mrs. Parry in room 214 for more information or stop by her table at International Night on Wednesday, March 28th.
• Today kicks off our last week of “Clash of Coins”. Please find it in your hearts this Lenten season to participate in this fun activity that raises money for some of our favorite charities. Remember, the winning grade will receive a “make your own sundae” party during tutorial next month!
• Mark your calendar for the Sacred Heart Art Shows. Students who would like to submit one or two pieces of artwork please see Miss Trahon by Friday. Students who are not taking art but involved with art club or creates work on their own time are welcome to submit work. Our first show is at the Kingston Public Library on Saturday April 7th from 12:00-2:00 p.m. Our second show is on Thursday, April 26th from 7:00 – 7:30 p.m. This event is in conjunction with the SH Talent Show which runs from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m., the art show will take place during intermission.
• Each year, Sacred Heart students participate in the Memory Portrait Project where we create portraits for children living in orphanages all around the world. Two years ago, our school contributed 22 portraits to children in Ghana. This year we have been given the opportunity to create portraits of children in Afghanistan, children who have been growing up in war zones. This is a tremendous opportunity for us as artists and humanitarians to use our talents to do something kind for someone in need. All students from beginner to advanced are welcome to sign up. Portraits are not due until the end of May. To see some of the portraits we made two years ago check out the Sacred Heart Art Instagram @SacredHeartKingstonArt. If you would like to sign up for the project or just want to learn more, please see Miss Trahon by this Friday.